On Sunday morning I showed up to JC Body Shop at 9am to help Pastor Matt set up things and go to some stores for him to grab some suplies. From 9am to 10:30am I helped Matt with whatever he needed until service started. Service began at 10:30am. I stayed until 11am supervising and helping volunteering with things. At 11am I left for my church service at Exit 59. On Wednesday I showed up to Body Shop at 6pm and left at 8pm. My night consisted of helping set up for the message that another volunteer was giving, supervising, hanging out with kids, and leading a small group with the middle school boys. That took up the whole 2 hours.
This week helped me learn the importance of community. I truly felt that Wednesday night was a strong community of family. A boy that found the Lord last week returned and everyone made him feel super welcome. Our discussion in small group was sincere and genuine. I've been seeing these students mature through the ministry God has allowed me to partake in. It's been amazing! The more I treat them like friends instead of mentees the more they seem to enjoy learning about the Lord and thats what I care about. It truly feels like a family!
This past week my spiritual life has been refreshing. I have been spending incredible time with God where He allows me to feel cared for and taken care of. I've been showed some fantastic nature. I have had great times sitting and simply existing in His presents out in nature. It's been so refreshing for my spirit and my mind. Because of that I have been able to focus strongly on the mission God has set before me!
No comments:
Post a Comment