Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Report #5

This weeks Body Shop activity was amazing! Sunday we had the Barn Bash from 5 to 8pm. Within those 3 hours I supervised and played with the teens that came. With so many individaul teenagers present it was constant check ups one areas of the building and making sure those running certain areas were ok with their responsibilities. I mainly helped out with the sound system and announcing on the microphone for games and skits. That night was very fun and active!
For Open House this Wednesday I showed up at 5pm to praya round the building, rooms, and prayed for the kids who were to come. At 6:15 the students came in and we started the Open house service. I helped run some games and keeping the kids entertained on the microphone. After that I worshiped and had fun with the kids during the rap concert/message we had for the night. The night ended with a powerful alter call where, at the end, I supervised the new prayer room with recently decorated. I waited in there until all the kids praying were done. After all the kids left around 8pm, I brainstormed and discussed important details about our ministry with some other volunteers in the office for about 20 minutes. I did a total of about 6 1/2 hours of ministry in walls of the Body Shop building this week and they were very good experiences!

This week I felt that the Barn Bash was super successful! Every individual that came in the doors appeared to have a blast. By the end of the night everyone was belly laughing. We involved every kid with the games, and with the large number we had thats really good. Through that I felt like every kid, in middle school and high school, felt like that was their second home and it made them that much more comfortable walking in our doors. This Wednesday we switched up some things and had Damon, our monthly rapper, give the message along with his performance. That different, out of the ordinary, experience for us showed us a creative way of using others within our ministry. I was unable to speak this week because of the rough week I had. I was unable to prepare a well put together message so Damon took over. It was wonderful to see a different approach to the ministry. We had an amazing time to reflect, kids found the Lord and many made cmpletely knew commitments! It allowed me to see that, as a monthly speaker, there are more gifts than what I know among those I work with. My eyes were opened to how the rest of the ministry would happen without me as a speaker.

My spiritual life this week was rough. I went through a pretty intense vally. I struggled strongly with feelings of loneliness, tiredness, and sadness. I still don't have any individual that can meet with me and talk about spiritual stuff. I still dont have a bible study. Without these things I felt incredibly alone and asked many people for prayer. So when I was at the Barn bash I helped a little less active as what I usually would. I truly didn't want to be there. I actually wasn't going to show up but, through the encouragement from a friend, I did. The past week I was weak but the Lord has pulled me through thanks to the prayers of others. This weeks Open House was great because I was delivered from all of my empty feelings from the past week. It's been a rough week for me but I have seen, once again, the importance and affective power of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment