This week I met with my discipleship group leaders for supper at 5:00 pm and discussed what we anticipated for the ministry that night. We had great discussion on how to lead the discipleship group after the introduction message. We then headed to Body Shop around 5:45 pm. When I arrived I supervised the prayer room until 6:15 pm, when service starts. When service begun I worship along side the teens and led by example while sitting through the introduction message. We then headed into the gym with our boys and led a discussion on our identity in Christ as a Christ like follower. The discussion went well; I think the boys really understood it clearly. We ended around 7:45pm and we played games in the gym until 8:00 pm. I then rode on the bus that took some of the teenager’s home and supervised. When we returned back to Body Shop I talked with Matt Beck for a good hour or so about the ministry and where our hearts were in it.
I felt that the discussion we had in our small group was solid with information. We have had our rough times with communicating the topic well to the teens but tonight it was clear and understandable. The Lord set on my heart something really personal and important to share with the group and I really felt it was beneficial for everyone to hear. The games we played afterwards really seemed to make the kids happy, I think it helped them enjoy their time much more. The prayer room in the beginning was encouraging to me because I saw how seriously some of the teens took the night through their sincere prayer. The only downside I saw out of this service was that the worship music seemed so slow and quite that it was awkward for the kids. It brought an awkward feeling to the environment and it seemed to confuse the teens on what the attitude of worship was attempted to be set at.
This week I have been full of joy. I feel like I have been fresh in the Spirit every day. I keep in my word every morning when I wake up and sometimes get strong prayer time in. I felt more than ready for this week’s Wednesday night at Body Shop. I have been praying with others more than normal and I feel like that’s been making a huge difference in my ministry and in my actions. It was great because I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to share what I did with our guys at Body Shop this week. That allowed me to feel incredibly sensitive to His Spirit. This week I felt very fresh.
No comments:
Post a Comment