This week body shop was really good. I sat down for lunch at 5:00pm with the guys I lead the discipleship group with. We took an hour discussing what would discuss for our discipleship group and we prayed about the night and the kids we would be working with. We went to body shop around 6:00pm just in time for me to supervise the prayer room until 6:15pm. There I prayed with the kids before service. When the service started I prayed around the spots where the discipleship groups take place while everyone worshiped through song. Worship lasted about 30 to 40 minutes and then we were dismissed into our discipleship groups. As everyone went to their groups I went to the office to discuss future ministry and my future messages with Matt Beck (Body Shops Pastor). After we talked for about 10 to 15 minutes I joined the discipleship groups. I helped lead the discussion which lasted about 30 to 40 minutes. When everyone was done with there discipleship groups we all played one big game together lasting about 20 minutes ending out the night. Once the majority of kids were gone by 8:00pm I stayed after and hung out with the kids that were still there for about 30 minutes. That ended the full night of ministry.
The ministry went really well tonight. The numbers were down but the kids seem to understand the focus of these nights. They appeared to worship God through music in a more passionate many than usual. When we were finishing up in our discussion for our discipleship group a boy shared that he was thankful that the discussion from everyone else truly helped him and it helped him a lot. That truly blessed us as leaders. Also, some new kids really seemed to enjoy the game afterward and it really looked like they were comfortable by the end of the night due to that game. The ministry really seemed strong tonight.
My spiritual life has been a huge improvement since last week. I feel like I am finally standing outside of a hole I dug myself into. This week I have had healthy conversations that have truly encouraged me and strengthened me. I have been able to focus strongly on prayer and I just finished reading through Proverbs. I was prepared and ready for this week’s ministry and I had a lot of great support and prayer from friends. This week I felt very strong spiritually.
No comments:
Post a Comment