Monday, December 13, 2010

Report 9

Bodyshop tonight went well. This week I showed up around 5:45pm. I mainly supervised this week as one volunteer gave the message. I mainly sat with the kids and hung out this week because it was my last week ever while being a student. I worshiped along side kids and helped lead the small group. The worship service with music and a message lasted about 40 to 50 minutes, then I headed into the gym with the middle school boys for discipleship group.I actually didn't have to say anything this week because the other leaders did such a great job that everything was clear and understandable. Communication was very good; the kids were very involved this week. Discipleship groups lasted roughly 30 to 40 minutes. For the rest of the night I hung out with the kids and said my final goodbyes. The building was emptied at 8 as always but I was able to talk and hangout with some kids a little past then. It was great.

The ministry was great. It was a little weird with the message for me though. The volunteer who gave the message used the movie Yes Man with Jim Carey for a video clip illustration and wrapped the message around it. She had even asked if anyone saw it, allowing leaders and students both the raise their hand publicly to it. It is a very bad movie and by the raising of hands and the use of it in the message it gave the students full permission to watch it. Other than that detail, the communication in discipleship groups was wonderful! The kids really seemed to understand and learn from one another. The love afterwards with all the kids saying goodbye was a good time also. That allowed me to see how much a was cared for and loved through the kids and the ministry.

Spiritually I felt very strong all throughout my week. I was very encouraged in my spirits from Bodyshop that night also. The kids showing their love and appreciation truly showed me that, although I don't feel like I did much, that God used me in bigger ways than what I realized. Through that my spirits were lifted and I was encouraged all the more to work with teenagers. This was also the last week before finals start so I made sure I spent much time alone with the Lord in order to keep my hearts focus right.

No comments:

Post a Comment