This week Body Shop was amazing! It was my final time speaking before I graduate and leave the ministry. I prepared for my message throughout the weeks a total of about 2 to 3 hours; going over it and perfecting it. I spent porbably an hour gathering and planning out the skateboard demo we did; gathering the skaters and running them through the event. The night of Body Shop I showed up around 4:45pm to get ready and pray over the building. From about 5:15pm to 5:50pm I prepared the gym and the skaters as they showed up for the demo. We skated and warmed up until we started the open skate for everyone until 6:15pm. I ran an open skate for roughly a half hour and then through a demo with some of my friends that came to skate it with me. The demo went until about 7pm. At 7pm the kids played games as I went to the office to prepare myself for the message. I gave the message from about 7:20pm to 7:45pm. After the message we had another open skate until we closed down the building at 8pm.
This week was a blast but I was so overwhlemed with people that I couldn't get away to prepare my heart in order to give the message. I feel like we had a high lack in communication because everything acted as if I was the only one in charge. I had kids coming up to me, leaders coming up to me, and even the pastors coming up to me. I was even taken out of the office for something when I, FINALLY, got to the office to look over my message one last time. I was so overwhelmed people and no help that it kind of mixed up what I wanted to communicate that night in the message. The message still came out powerful and effective! I was very pleased with how it came out and I feel like many kids walked away encouraged to share their faith. The night was full of fun, laughter, and powerful love. It was very family felt because everyone suprised me with a cake and a signed skateboard. That was amazing for me to recieve!!! This week I was taught a lot about being the one in charge of an entire night, althought that wasn't the plan, it came out to be that way.
This week I felt spiritually strong. I have been learning a lot out of Romans every morning before I leave me room; thats been super encouraging. Lately, I have been only praying for the basics, like my family and close friends on my mind. I have been very focused on praying for my final semester before graduating this year. My heart was very prepared for this message, it has been on my heart for a while. I felt the Holy Spirit move strongly through me as I was communicating it. I have been seeing many prayers being answered throughout this past week. I feel like, although I have been bombarded with work, I have been very sharp spiritually...and that feels awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment